Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Thanksgiving Book



We don't want to worship like the king,
So to Holland our families we'll bring.

We want to be happy and to say,
We are free to worship our own way.

(tune: I'm a Little Teapot)






Sailing, sailing, off we go,
To America - Hi! Ho!

Board the Mayflower,
Come along,
Join us in our freedom song.

We will start our brand new lives,
With our children and our wives.

(tune: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star)






Squanto is a friend of mine,
friend of mine,
friend of mine.
He's the best you'll ever find
a friend of yours and mine.

(tune: Mary had a Little Lamb)






Families of Pilgrims came together,
Indians joined them, too.
They ate the first Thanksgiving meal,
Beginning a tradition for me and you.

(tune: Yankee Doodle Dandy)

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love you songs Kiara! They were wonderful!

Mom Fin said...

Kiara! I love your drawings! It is so fun to get letters-er blogs from you.
Love you, Grandma Elaine

Gatnnos said...

I LOVE your songs and your pictures too! You are growing up so big and you are sooo talented too!